February's Photo An Hour: My Transport-Themed Hen Do!

I'm always excited when I'm doing something on a Photo an Hour day. so having my actual hen do on an actual Photo an Hour day was pretty flipping exciting. There were many, many photo opportunities over the three days, so I've strayed a bit from the Photo an Hour theme (I'm a maverick like that).


All of Friday I was a big ball of Hen Do nervous excitement. I finished work, did a quick Sainsbury's run, dumped an obscene amount of Lush products into my bath and attempted to chill the frick out. Beth was first to arrive, so I collected her from the station and Hen Do Fun commenced!

I decided that I wanted to have my hen weekend in London so that the overnighters could cram into my flat for sleepover-themed fun. Apart from that I had no idea what our weekend plans were...


10.30am: Bedding mountain. We managed to cram seven of us into my one bedroom flat.



11.30am: I was highly visible. At this point the fancy dress theme revealed itself... TRANSPORT! It's true, I love transport (especially trains and the tube). I'd been wondering if we'd have a theme for the weekend; my thought process had been, 'Peep Show? Too specific. Babysitters Club? Too specific. Transport? Too weird.' Turns out nothing was too weird (and that's why I love my friends).



12.30pm: I SAID YES! 
We met some of my other friends near Green Park tube, then commenced our first activity: Tube Treasure Hunt! It was actually, genuinely brilliant. In three teams we had 90 minutes to complete a page of challenges and clues to solve. I felt like I was on The Apprentice (except there's no way anyone would give me a job for that).





1.30pm: Treasure Hunt over! Our team came second (the winning team managed to persuade a man to take his tops off, an elderly couple to kiss, and took a photo of a policeman's bum so fair play). We were given a ridiculously plentiful array of London tat, including these bad boys:



2.30pm: We made it to Greenwich (after nearly losing Jen in a comedy tube incident) VIA THE DLR and headed to 'Spoons for a cocktail jug or four, and some actual introductions. 



3.30pm: #carouselfie



4.30pm: Afternoon tea! If I'd had to put bets on what my day would include, I think afternoon tea would have been a pretty safe one. I did not, however, expect to be having my afternoon tea on the Cutty Sark. The food was so, so good. The scone were some of the best I've had (and I love scones) and every single one of the cakes was perfect, Like, actually perfect. 



Tiny cake/giant lady.




5.30pm: We took a trip through the foot tunnel (due to the insistence/persistence of my friend Clare) and were rewarded with this lovely view of Greenwich. My phone camera hasn't really done it justice, but never mind!



6.30pm: We headed home (via Lewisham, no less).



7.30pm: No sleepover is complete without facepacks....



8.30pm: ...or wine...



9.30pm ...or Cards Against Humanity. If you can't laugh at dead children on your hen do, when can you?! What's that? You should never laugh at dead children? Oh. Sorry. What about doing unspeakable things to pugs? It's ok to laugh at that, right?



 The photos kinda stopped here (more wine = less remembering to take photos) but I think it's important we take a moment to savour the brilliant of the above round. Especially because 'genuine human connection' was Rando Cardrissian's! (Or as I'll now forever refer to him, Rando Fandango.)



 The Sunday involved refuelling in Julia's in Beckenham, with more excellent cake (and all the caffeine). Any meal that involves cake and avocado is a surefire winner in my book. 

I really did have such a brilliant weekend. My friends really are the most supportive, hilarious, weird, clever, wonderful humans. I'm a lucky bean.


P.S. Thanks Jane and Louisa for organising our monthly Photo an Hour shenanigans... I think the next one is 27th March, which is Easter Sunday and the day after my wedding. Should probably do some more wedding planning!

No comments

I'd love to hear what you think...