What If I Didn't Care What People Thought? An Experiment #BEDM

Today's Blog Every Day in May prompt is 'Step Out of Your Comfort Zone' so it seems like a good day for this post.*

As I said in my first BEDM post, I care what other people think of me. I think everyone does, and of course that's a good thing to a certain extent; if we didn't care at all we'd probably all behave like absolute w*nkers the whole time. But personally I think it'd do me good to care just a bit less.


My face looks stupid and I (sort of) don't care!


As a teenager I used to really care about what others thought. To the point where I'd be scared to wear newly-purchased clothes or put make up on in case people noticed and didn't like it. Now, this has improved a lot but I still find myself holding back when it comes to silly things like clothes choice, or other stuff like posting on here, putting myself in potentially awkward social situations, and generally standing up for myself.

I've decided to do a little experiment. In situations where I feel awkward about 'expressing myself' (bleugh) I'll try and act as if I don't care what people think. I'm interested to see how this pans out; will I be able to do it? How will it feel? How will people actually react? What will I end up doing?

I'll let you know...


*I know that's not exactly what's meant by the prompt, but I don't care anymore! SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

4 comments

  1. Awesome post - love the photo! Stepping out of your comfort zone can mean whatever you want it to mean. I also used to worry what people thought when I was a teen - these days not so much. Life's too short for that. Good luck with your experiment! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT interpretation of the brief! I really care about lots of things how people think EXCEPT in clothing unless my give me Dodgy looks or laugh meanly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. life's too short to worry about what other people *might be* thinking about you. you'll never know, unless they verbalise them anyway, so what is there really to worry about? you do you, and do you the best you can do. you are amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, loving those selfies!
    I have the same issue, always paranoid about what people think and if I wear/do something slightly unusual and catch someone looking at me I assume that they hate my new hat/top/whatever is different that day!

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life Wales

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...