Moaning Isn't Enough Anymore: My Election Reaction

I'm so disappointed. I've cried several times today. I'm gutted for myself and my colleagues in working in education, for the disabled children that I support at work, for mental health services and the NHS in general, for my friends who are dependent on social housing and DLA...and on it goes...

I also realised this morning that I need to give myself a kick up the arse. I bitch and moan about cuts and austerity but in practical terms I do very little, except vote. I need to put my money where my mouth is (or my mouth where the money isn't HAHA). Even if it's just signing a more petitions, making sure I'm properly informed about what's going on, and actually going out and protesting. I owe that to myself, and to everyone else that the government doesn't give a shit about.

This doesn't need to be a long post because everyone's already written it, and said it better than me. Gemma's written a great post with a few good ideas for getting started.

I'm crying again. Fuck them. Moaning just isn't enough anymore.

6 comments

  1. YES. So much this. Thomas and I both said today, enough with the moaning and time to take action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was really shocked. It really felt like a kick. The Tories have villainised everyone.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment, lets make our voices be heard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can make a difference. Those who's lives will be devastated deserve to be heard and represented. And you have a talent for writing and cutting through the crap. I cried too btw. Totally gutted and disappointed in humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just astounds me that some people can be so selfish!

      Delete
    2. It just astounds me that some people can be so selfish!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think...