Making Changes: The Beginning

I'm going to be totally honest with you.

Things got a bit shitty again.

To be honest, they still are, which means that I need to hurry up and learn some very important lessons:

I am not superwoman.
I cannot do everything and I shouldn't feel bad about that.
I need to look after myself.


(Source, found via Pinterest).
I ended up having another (brief) hospital admission in December, and it's given me some time to think about what I need to change in my life. I did think twice about documenting this on here, because it feels quite public and I don't want to come across as self-obsessed or overly introspective. In the end though, I think it will help me to have these 'resolutions' documented, because it'll encourage me to actually try and follow them. So, feel free to skip these posts if they're not your bag. I won't mind, honest.
I've divided it up into separate posts: work, career and free time; weight, looks and body image; friends and family.
So, more to come, I guess... 


5 comments

  1. I've had my fair share of ups and downs, and know all too well how unsettling life can be at times. I wonder if I'll ever find the confidence to put a lot of my troubles behind me, but I do know 2013 is about change xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all's ok & here's to 2013 being an even better year for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I'm sure you will be a role model for showing such bravery documenting your troubles, and in the future they will become a document of how far you have come.

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I hope you are okay. How are you feeling now? You are due an update, missy!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...