BECAUSE IT'S A SCRATCH MAP. Basically, you scratch off the gold foil on the countries you've visited, and reveal the colour underneath. Here's mine so far:
- Worn bright red lipstick. My friend Becca made me do it. As in, she literally put it on my face.
- Visited the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry. Yes, I am a total geek. How have you not figured that out already?
- Fought my demons by going back to the hospital where I was once a patient.
- Explored the shops on Upper St.
- Had a guest post published on another blog: http://www.wherearemyknees.blogspot.com/2012/02/guest-post-exercise-and-fight-against.html.
- Eaten coffee ice cream. It was sooooo good.
- Been to London Zoo.
Have you done anything new this week?
In other '30 Before 30' news, I have put myself on the waiting list for a reading group, booked a tattoo appointment, and bought gig tickets for The Cribs and The Maccabees. Go me.
My personal list of little things also includes: the smell just after it stops raining, walking through freshly laid snow, and laughing so hard you can't breathe...
What little things make you smile the most?
I'VE LOST 40CM IN THREE MONTHS!
I am so excited by this. Naturally, about 15cm of that went from my boobs (isn't it always the way?) and my arms and legs are pretty much the same as before, but I'm still so pleased. Seems like all that exercise has actually done some toning. Yay!
P.S. I stayed the same at my weekly weigh-in, which I'm happy with because I had a big loss the week before.
So yeah, it's all good. Sorry for gloating, but sometimes it's good to big myself up a bit. Just a little bit.
- I was once nearly sick on Lenin's embalmed corpse.
- I can hold a (brief) conversation in Norwegian.
- I am scared of the hairdresser, but not of the dentist.
- I hate packing. This is probably because I have moved house 11 times in the past eight years. And I'm moving again in two weeks.
- I fancy Ian Hislop.
- I love my job.
- I once met the Chuckle Brothers. I'm worried that this means that my life peaked at age eight.
I'm going to break the rules slightly and only nominate five blogs. Not because there aren't enough great blogs out there, but because my brain is tired and doing links to fifteen blogs might just kill it. Here's my top five versatile bloggers:
A Daisy Chain Dream http://http://adaisychaindream.blogspot.com/
being little. http://http://littlebeinglittle.blogspot.com/
No Missed Opportunities http://www.nomissedopportunities.com
Sofia's Journal http://http://www.sofiasjournal.com/
t*rexes and tiaras http://www.dinoprincesschar.blogspot.com
Sorry for the ridiculous links, but the computer is not playing ball (I am currently blogging in the library. Don't laugh, I genuinely love the library).
Oh, and if you fancy a read about exercise and depression, I have a guest post up on Where Are My Knees today. (That's www.wherearemykness.blogspot.com... Hyperlinks are not my friend today.)
I could have written something really profound for this post, but instead I've decided to be lazy and share some of my favourite posts. Lucky you!
- The one where I link you to some awesome problem pages.
- The one were I recommend the best book about depression, ever.
- The one where I get brave and share my teenage angst.
- The one where I share my tattoo ideas.
- And finally... The one where I realise that things just aren't so bad anymore.
Hope you like them!
Here's what I mostly wish I was buying:
- Tickets to The Great Escape in Brighton.
- A netbook. I am currently in desperate need of a computer.
- A new pair of Converse. Mine are far past the point of 'acceptably scruffy'.
- A new hair cut. I will probably cave in and buy this.
Does anyone want to buy me this stuff? No? OK then.
(BTW, I'm aware that this post is totally #firstworldproblems.)
Miraculously, I lost 2kg!
Good news, obviously, but it does mean that the world of eating, exercise and weight loss remains a complete mystery to me...